Tuesday 18 December 2012

Alleluia and Decorating Delights #6




Alleluia and pass the peas.  I threw away one crutch last night.  I am operating slowly but just fine on only one beside my still swollen leg.  Although it is not as swollen as a few weeks ago, the bruising is starting to rise to the surface.  It is very itchy, which is a good sign, and I am taking fewer Ibuprofens every day.             I hate being confined to the house and missing the hand-bells choir last Sunday at church, and the Christmas train visit and just feeling out of the loop of all the  community festivals.         
I figured out how to have a shower in the high-sided tub.  Hopefully I won't have to do this often and can just have a stand-up shower soon.  It is difficult to lift the bum leg up and over to the tub but the bar helps.  As do the two old chairs for transferring in and out.  I don't happen to have a crane so this is the next best thing.




Now here are your tree choices for today.#1   the glass tree#2 a sparsely decorated traditional, but very colour co-ordinated...I would feel uncomfortable putting a present wrapped in blue paper under this tree.
#3  is a stars of wishes tree

10 comments:

  1. I was wondering what has happened to you???? what happened to your foot? leg? .. I have been errant in visiting blogs... bad me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story is under Patience on Dec 4. too long a tale to tell again, but basically it was caused by stupidity (mine).

      Delete
  2. You are making great progress! Yes, the timing for your accident was most unfortunate. You are such a community person. I like the the red traditional tree best, and would feel an immediate need to put a blue-wrapped present under it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote #1
    Good to know your leg is getting better, if you still wrap it you can rub some eucalyptus essential oil on and put the wrap back on, it will help the bruising and swelling down, if you don't have the essential oil you can always use some "vicks vaporub", in few days all the colours and swelling should be gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try that right now in the most swollen part. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. If you are using "Vick vaporub" just put lots as the eucalyptus is mixed in... if you can put more during the day as it is absorbed it's good and put more before going to bed, that should help.

      Delete
  4. It's amazing what we can invent to help us in our daily tasks, when we are somewhat incapacitated!! Brilliant work-around for the shower, Karyn!! I hope you continue to heal and am happy to hear you are showing some improvement!!

    I will cast my vote for tree #1 today. It is not one I would probably have in my house, but it is quite beautiful!!

    Prayers are still being lifted for your recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes last year my house was decorated this way..You Copy Cat !..
    No not my choice adult son chose the decor...Hope all is healed soon ..Have a Happy Holiday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I will try again. Which of the three did you use? I will guess your son would opt for #2.

      Delete